Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Modern Architecture: There is Hope...

I often worry (or is it fear, I can't really tell) about the future of architecture. Homes and industrial buildings are just not built the way they used to be. I know I'm probably preaching to the choir, but the thought of pre-fab this and manufactured-that honestly makes my head hurt. To me, there is nothing like walking through an early 19th century Victorian and just admiring it's profound architecture and stunning details. It's becoming a rarity, and honestly, less and less architects and builders are putting the kind of thought and regard into the aesthetics of a design. We are from an age when quicker is better, "simple" is trendy... however when I see interiors like this, I get inspired again!





Bedroom, Photo: Tumblr, source unknown
Restaurant, Photo: KarmaTrendz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared tow hat lies within us."



- Ralph Waldo Emerson